Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Rejection

Last week, I talked about a short story I wrote called "Lost My Marbles." I fully edited it to the best of my ability, tightened it up and fixed all the mistakes I could find. I managed to knock off 2,000 words from the total just by getting rid of inessential information, but it's still a bit of a long short story. And it's just called "Marbles" now.
Having edited it, I like it even better than I did before. I already sent it out to a magazine and was rejected, so I have it out to another. Rejections don't bother me as much as they used to. It sucks, but after being a professional freelance writer and getting feedback of all different kinds, I have come to really appreciate that people have different likes and needs. What someone likes feels off to someone else.
A rejection from a magazine doesn't necessarily mean my writing is bad, they hate my story, etc. It just means the story wasn't a good fit, it wasn't what they were looking for, what they wanted. While unfortunate, that's to be expected. You can't say yes to everything.
In the meantime, I've started to write another story. This time, it's about a fairy, an old man, and a garden that's more than the sum of its parts.
A bit of a shorter entry, but at least I wrote one, eh?
Reader, please check out my author page at www.facebook.com/authoremilyblue, or give me a look on Twitter, @Miss_Emily_Blue.
Until next time.

~Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment