Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Preparedness

I'm just going to get right into it. I still don't like Dean Koontz very much.
For an example of my dislike for Koontz, I started reading The Taking a couple weeks ago, on January 26th. I only just finished it this part Thursday. The next book I started reading, The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan, was the day after, Friday. I finished reading it Sunday.
That's quite a bit of a difference, time-wise. The difference is that the Koontz book felt more like a chore, while the Shan book was something I wanted to do. It's disappointing, because I really did try to like the Koontz book. It had some interesting parts to it and the premise -an apocalypse which appears to be the result of aliens terraforming the earth- is right up my alley. However, I still felt like there was something lacking.
I usually feel that way with a Koontz book. However, that usually happens at the ending. But this time, I liked the ending. I wish there had been more of the ending throughout the rest of the book, more hints that this was being led up to. As it was, these interesting resolutions came out of nowhere.
Overall, disappointing.
I don't really recommend it unless you're a Koontz fan, and then you'll probably love it.
Otherwise, it's just been business as usual over here. Work, personal projects, leisure activities, and so on.The only thing that changes from day to day is my mood.
And lately I've been thinking about preparedness. About being prepared. For the future, for anything that might happen. There wasn't even something that caused this, not the state of the world or even something on a more personal level. I've just been...wondering.
For awhile now, I've carried around a little baggie of bandages and aspirin and ointments in my purse, for just in case. For some reason, I've been feeling like this isn't enough. If something happens, if push comes to shove, if I am in an area when something is occurring, what use is my little baggie going to be?
I've just been thinking about making sure I'm prepared at home, in my car, and wherever I might be. You never know what's going to happen.
Maybe I think I'm a character in a novel! When it's my time to enter into a story, will I be equipped to handle it or will I be one of the people who gets eaten first by a zombie? Although, I'm not sure what having a First Aid kit in my car would do for my chances of survival against the undead. Maybe I can bandaid them to death.
That's all for now, I think. Be sure to check me out at www.facebook.com/authoremilyblue, or follow me on Twitter, where my handle is @Miss_Emily_Blue.
Until next time!

~Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment