Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Valentine's Day Thoughts

Another week gone! Valentine's Day is past and I have to say that I really enjoy that day. I don't really understand the obsession society has with relationships. Who's dating and who isn't, and the need to keep from being single. The animosity towards those who are in relationships. I don't understand any of it. Worth shouldn't be defined by the presence or lack of a single aspect of life.
But Valentine's Day, I love. It isn't the pressure to make it a special day. It isn't the fact that it's the one day where you show your significant other how much you love them, because you're supposed to.
I do that all the time. I love my partner. I try my hardest to make them happy every single day. I don't need a holiday for that.
But, I love special days with them. I love making them feel even more special, and planning for that day. It gives both of us something to look forward to.
But, that's enough of that. Time to hop off my soap box and get back to business as usual.
I've been trying to get back into going for regular walks and I have been very sore and tired as a result. It's something I really enjoy though, so it's worth it. It gives me time to clear my mind and just enjoy the weather. Damp, a little chilly. Hardly anyone else is around. Perfect.
I have started editing the novel that I wrote a few years ago, called Black Ink Rose. I printed out the entire manuscript awhile ago and made notes through the whole thing with a green sharpie -Green is my second least favorite color, the first being orange. I let it sit for a short while and now I'm getting back into it. I honestly can't wait to see how it develops.
As far as what I'm reading, the current novel of the week is Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck. It's about, well, Agenda 21! Agenda 21 is a sort of set of guidelines, a plan that actually exists in the real world, detailing sustainable human development. Some of the aspects of the plan might seem drastic, but it's nonbinding. No one has to agree to do it unless they want to, and it is not as extreme as it seems.
The book version is a fictional, post-apocalyptic-esque of what would happen if Agenda 21 was indeed taken to the extreme. The story follows Emmaline, who is a young woman who has spent much of her life in a strictly-regulated compound. Her experiences with the way things are makes her realize that this not how they should be.
Will she fight back?
I have no idea, because I haven't read that far!
I think that's all for now! Be sure to check me out at www.facebook.com/authoremilyblue, or follow me on Twitter, where my handle is @Miss_Emily_Blue.
Until next time!

~Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment