Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Holiday Blues

I am the sort of person who will tell you that I don't want to do anything for my birthday and holidays. And I mean it when I say that. In the past, I really have never felt like celebrating anything. There hasn't really felt like a point. It's all just been ordinary days to me.
This Christmas, I actually wanted to participate. I'm sure that this has something to do with the depression medication that I'm on, which I wasn't on last year. It really has been helping. I actually had answers when I was asked what I want for Christmas. I put up a little fake tree on my coffee table and decorated it. I even did a little photoshoot with my parrotlet, Cassie, and she was cooperative (after I convinced her with food.) If you know parrots, or birds in general, you know they aren't really cooperative things!


Isn't she adorable?
It was also a pretty rough couple of days right before Christmas, but I pulled through and I think I'm going to be better for it in the long run. And, in the end, I really did enjoy my holiday.
I'm in the middle of work right now, my deadline being on the 30th.  That was interesting to deal with, working through the holiday when everything was so busy and chaotic, and I admire anyone who does it year in and year out. That being said, I think I did pretty well, considering that I'm still a little ahead of schedule.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the places that I sent my short stories to. I'm used to that by now, and I have a lot to keep me occupied in the meantime. One of those things is Stephen King's Cujo, which I'm currently rereading after several years. I'm enjoying it just as much as I remember. It's classic King, monsters, monsters, everywhere...and most of them are human.
That's all for now, I believe. I've just been mostly absorbed with balancing Christmas and work, which hasn't left time for much else.
Be sure to check out my author page at facebook.com/authoremilyblue. I've been posting a lot more updates there lately, different from what I write about here.
Until next time.

~Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment